- Attempt to press down one note at a time – one string on one fret at a time, so as to be able to produce a note (and not a just a buzz).
- Attempt to control the pressure you apply on the string to just enough to keep it sounding
- Attempt to be able to play notes in series – one note at a time
- Attempt to change fretting fingers for each note
- Attempt to play notes on all strings and learn to change strings (right and left hand)
- Play alternate up and down stroke with the plectrum for each note irrespective for the string or fret you are on
- Attempt to maintain a rhythm and play each note for the same duration of time and then move on to the next
- Try not to look at your right (plectrum) hand, while you do this
- Try to pick up speed gradually over time
- Learn how to play chords individually
- Learn how to change chords in progressions
- Learn to play chords interspaced with leads
- Learn to play intervals / double notes
Liked 'Beginner Level Guitar Techniques to Learn' enough to share / save?